Big Picture Charity Films
BIG PICTURE is committed to protecting your privacy
Who are we?
Big Picture are a UK based Registered Charity working exclusively to help existing charities and voluntary organisations raise awareness of their causes. A visual presence through film is now a vital way for charities to communicate with both existing and potential supporters and clients. Films can be instantly seen online, taking the viewer to the heart of the project and are a powerful tool to enable a charity to promote and educate others as to what they do.
For more details about our history and background please visit our website: www.bigpicturecharityfilms.org
We value everyone who engages with us by whatever means and we do all that we can to make sure your personal data is kept safe.
We are a UK Registered Charity: Number 1148438
You can contact us by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- our registered address: 100 Ernest Road, Wivenhoe, Essex CO7 9LJ
- by phone: 01206 824549
Information we collect from you
We do not obtain any personally identifiable information about you when you simply view our website. We do not collect non-personal data such as IP addresses, details of pages visited and files downloaded by using Google Analytics.
If you provide us with any personal information whilst using our website we may use it to inform you of any services or information that you have requested by using Mailchimp and Virgin Money Giving.
How and why we use your information
Big Picture Charity Films will only collect and retain data that is required in connection with the relationship you have with us (for example, donor, supporter, partner organisation, someone with an interest in our work). We will provide you with information that we believe is important, in your interest to know, or that you have permitted us to send to you.
We may use the information you provide to:
- tell you about our work, news, provide information on our resources or forthcoming events
- ask you for financial and non-financial support, such as volunteering
- let you know about other projects or events that may be of interest to you and are consistent with our charitable purposes
- review the use which visitors make of our website, to respond to your communications with us or questions, and to protect website security
We will not:
- sell or rent your information to third parties
- share your information with third parties for marketing purposes
We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process donations and send you mailings). However, when we use third party service providers (like, but not limited to, the ones mentioned earlier) we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and they in turn are bound by GDPR to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
We may need to pass on information if required by law or by a regulatory body. For example, a Gift Aid audit by the HMRC, or if asked for details by a law enforcement agency.
We will hold your information only for as long as is necessary and we review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example the collection of Gift Aid).
It is important to us that the information we hold is accurate, up to date, and that we are using it in the way that you expect. We fully recognise your right to have your data removed once we no longer have a lawful basis to keep it. You can change your preferences about what you receive from us at any time. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk
Please contact us if you would like to:
- review the information about you that we hold (to ensure the confidentiality of everyone’s data, in some circumstances we may need proof of identity before we can release this information)
- update your information, for example your email or postal address
- ask us to delete all of the information about you that we hold